Quick reference for Parents;
As from 8.10.18...
- PE days are Wednesday and Thursday (half a class each day-please check with the Oak class staff which group your child is in) Please take kits home to wash ( and check sizes) at the end of term, ready for sending back to school after the hols.
- Library books - we will change these on a Tuesday (after Christmas)
- Letters- please return any letters or slips by putting them into the basket with the reading books and diaries, or return to the staff in the front office. We do not check every book bag each day, as we will be spending as much time as possible in class teaching and engaging with your child.
- Reading books- please put your child's reading book and diary into the basket outside in the morning when you would like it changed. We will change the book and return it to your child's bag ready for home time.
- Hearing your child read- this term the adults in class aim to hear your child 1-1, once a week. Staff also share big books, storybooks or factual books and discuss them with the whole class on a daily basis. Volunteers may hear your child as well.
- Trikes and scooters- each group gets to use these on a daily rota.
- Wellie walks- we are hoping to have a wellie walk once every term. This can only take place if we have enough adult/Parental support. We will let you know about a date soon!!
- Show & tell- we are now calling this 'talk time'. Each term we will have a specific theme. We will let you know about this at the beginning of term. Please do not let your child bring toys from home to 'show', as they may be disappointed when we do not get time to look at them.