Quick reference for Parents;
As from 8.10.18...
- PE days are Wednesday and Thursday (half a class each day-please check with the Oak class staff which group your child is in) Please take kits home to wash ( and check sizes) at the end of term ready for the hols.
- Library books - we will change these on a Tuesday (after Christmas)
- Letters- please return any letters or slips by putting them into the basket with the reading books and diaries. We do not check book bags every morning.
- Reading books- please put your child's reading book and diary into the basket outside in the morning when you would like it changed. We will change the book and return it to your child's bag ready for home time.
- Hearing your child read- this term the adults in class aim to hear your child 1-1, once a week. Volunteers may hear your child as well. This will change after Christmas when we will introduce group guided reading and the adults will be teaching your child specific reading skills once a week instead. Volunteers will continue to hear your child 1-1, once a week.
- Trikes and scooters- each group gets to use these on a daily rota.
- Wellie walks- we are hoping to have a wellie walk once every term. This can only take place if we have enough adult/Parental support.
- Show & tell- we are now calling this 'talk time'. Each term we will have a specific theme. We will let you know about this at the beginning of term. Please do not let your child bring toys from home to 'show', as they may be disappointed when we do not get time to look at them.