This term is set to be a very busy term as we embark on our new topic, 'Ice Age'. We will be learning about the following:
- Dinosaurs and other pre-historic creatures
- Snow and Ice
- Textures and Materials
- People who help us including a visit from a local farmer
- Setting our self goals and resolutions
- Learning about celebrations in religions other than Christianity eg. Islam
- Working with numbers to 5 in maths and learning important skills such as subitising, ordinality, composition and comparison!
- Continuing to build our skills in recognising phonemes, digraphs and trigraphs through our reading scheme and Song of Sounds
- Learning to form recognisable letters and beginning to write CVC words (pot, cat) and simple sentences with help.
As ever, if you wish to speak with a member of staff about any concerns or queries, do contact us through Seesaw or the front office.
Happy New Year and here's to a happy and healthy term!